Sunday, April 21, 2013

But In the End It's Right

We sure do have a full week ahead for 5-1.  By full, I mean full. I'm going to try my hardest not to assign an exorbitant amount of homework, but in order to get everything done this week, you can expect some each night.

This week will bring the culmination of several things we've discussed or dabbled in over the past couple weeks since Spring Break. We will be exploring and writing personal narratives as well as personal letters. We will be talking about the use of images and illustrations to tell a story. We will also be doing a lot of proofreading, appreciative listening, and building stronger vocabularies.

In Social Studies we will be looking at our Bill of Rights, and in Science we will be learning further about our earthworms, our crickets, and our chameleons (or our anoles...whatever. I have a squiggly red line show up when I type anole, but when I type chameleon, I get no such red squiggly. I think that speaks for itself...). We will also be dissecting owl pellets. This is one of my favorite things to do in Science (well, ever since they took away our Rube Goldberg projects, that is...).

Before I forget it, here is this week's spelling list. You may find that this is somewhat easier than the ones from the past couple of weeks. At least I hope so.
  1. bravo
  2. however
  3. meanwhile
  4. neither
  5. otherwise
  6. nevertheless
  7. encore
  8. arrange
  9. detail
  10. division
  11. masterpiece
  12. organize
In Math, we'll be solving all kinds of problems involving rates and, by the end of the week, the circumference and area of circles. So buckle in, it should be a pretty funky ride.
Hope you all have a fantastic week and are enjoying the sunny (even if it's pretty cool, temperature-wise) weather.

Don't forget tomorrow is Ninja Day! Bring in your pennies!

No comments: