Monday, April 22, 2013

Samurai

Well, we were able to accomplish about a third of what I had planned for this morning. We touched on personal narratives (we'll do this more heavily tomorrow--it will be the main focus). We read a book called June 29, 1999 as a part of our reading. The story was in our reading book, but I had the book-book, so I read that to the class instead. I think it's a fun book, personally.


While I was a little disappointed not to see more (okay, any) ninjas in my class today*, I'm hoping to see some cowboys and cowgirls tomorrow**. Clean out your change holder at home and bring in your nickels. The money will go to the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life. While I'm on the subject, Relay for Life goes from 9am on Saturday, June 7, to 9am on Sunday, June 8. Get signed up today by clicking here. It looks like Colin has already signed up, so he's ahead of me already! Feel free to pull an all-nighter, or just show up for an hour or two. It's always a great time, and I'm being serious when I say that.

The kids will have a reading assignment to do for Social Studies tonight. This is a pre-reading assignment, so this will be over material they haven't read yet. But I will give the kids a short quiz over the reading tomorrow (very easy--just to see whether they read it or not).

Finally, they will have Spelling definitions to do. I decided to pull the Science assignment at the last minute. 

*Yes, I do realize that it was spring picture day, so that was a factor. Still, bring change for the American Cancer Society!

**And yes, I also realize that tomorrow is Hike/Bike to School Day, and depending on your chosen mode of transportation and the make-up of your costume, riding a bike in cowboy boots may prove prohibitive. Maybe we could throw "Ride Your Horse to School Day" in there as well?

No comments: