Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Orbital Speed Is Not Constant

I loved the way the trip to the planetarium went today. Kids in Carmel don't realize how lucky we are to have a big planetarium right here in our town. Mr. Keith Turner, astronomy teacher at the high school, walked the kids through a really well-organized and interactive presentation today. I was really happy with my students' answers to his questions also.

This morning was Jump Rope for Heart, and I am exceedingly proud of my students for raising the most money in the fifth grade. Word is still out as to whether or not my class raised the most in the whole school. If so, we will get another PE class sometime in the next few weeks.

Here are some bullets for the rest of the week:
  • Tomorrow is our scheduling with Clay Middle for next year. Last year we were the Guinea pigs at the beginning of the day (we're at the start again tomorrow) and there were some connectivity issues going on with the computers. 
  • Tomorrow night is also Pizza Night at Cool River Pizza. Support the PTO by visiting guest servers Mrs. Stemnock and Miss Hume from the fifth grade! (They haven't asked me to do this in several years now, oddly enough. Wonder if I was unsanitary or something last time...)
  • Thursday is the Shake-Out Drill. In other words, an earthquake drill.
That's all for now. I have photos to post!

No comments: