Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Epoch

Are things ever busy around the 5-1 classroom.
  • The state projects have gone home and are due back by Thursday. 
  • We discussed the requirements for the robot project, and those high-quality drawings complete with diagrammed explanations of what the robot can do and what its limitations are. These are due next Tuesday. 
Those are the biggies. There is always 3x each due tomorrow (we went over the trickier abbreviations today), and they do have two things to do for Math. One is the Study Link. They struggled with this more than I thought they would.

Here's a helpful video:



The other thing for Math is a page where they have to copy down the answers to some of their Math Boxes. Many of them already have this handed in. 

Friday is wear red day. This is for the high school dance marathon to raise money for Riley Hospital, so if you have some loose change at home, scoop it up and bring it in that day to help the high school as they boogie down for charity.

A huge thanks goes out to Mark Masuoka, who brought in a King Cake for me along with a nicely written explanation of the historical reason behind Mardi Gras, Fat Tuesday, and Lent. I read it to the class and they convinced me to give up soda for Lent. I tried to get by with only giving up Diet Mountain Dew, but they weren't quite buying that. Coffee, you've always been a very close friend to me. Now you're going to have to really step up your game to get me through.

Speaking of holidays, Happy Chinese New Year! It is the Year of the Snake, reported Bobby Considine yesterday. Glad he was there to tell us, because I couldn't read what year it was on my Chinese calendar because, well, it was written in Chinese.


Everyone remember to add Kevin, Jack, and Sky to your Valentine's lists. I told the kids that if they were already finished with theirs, I would have some extras for them to sign. 

Hope everyone has a Terrific Tuesday.

No comments: