Wednesday, February 6, 2013

A More Extensive Rundown

Here are some more bits of business for 5-1 and/or Woodbrook over all:
  • The Valentine's Day parties are next Thursday (Valentine's Day) after lunch. Thank you to Mrs. Katsis and Mrs. White for putting this together for us. 
  • The next Monday, on Presidents Day (February 18th), Woodbrook will be having an ice skating party. I honestly just realized that I have no idea where this is. The Carmel Ice Skadium, I would assume? Check with the front office for details.
  • Family Fitness Night is on February 22nd. That's a Friday night, and if you're interested in learning a little karate action from yours truly (as well as many other fitness stations), then bring the whole family out that night. And I told the kids, no, they are not allowed to just hang out at karate all night. (As if they would be able to handle that anyway!)
  • Carmel Clay Parks and Recreation is offering new enrichment classes to all students, not just those who go to the after school program. There will be classes with golf instruction, 3-D drawing [ummm...I may have to go check that one out, because I don't even get how that would work], and chess. Should be pretty sweet.
  • Please remember that ISTEP testing will be March 4-13 for the first round, and April 29-May 8 for the second round. We don't allow any volunteers in the building during this time. 
  • However, they are currently looking for another library volunteer. If you're interested, call the school, extension 1810. 
  • Last but not least, if you're looking forward to the Mane Event as much as we all are, it is on Saturday, March 23rd, from 11am-3pm.

2 comments:

Luke Belcher said...

I forgot to bring my social studies book where can I find one?

Jeff said...

See me in the morning, Luke.