Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The World Next Door

Here are a couple more book reviews from my class for your summer reading pleasure:

First off, here we are with Elizabeth's pick:
My favorite book that I read in the fifth grade is Heaven is for Real. I like this book because it has a lot of details and is well-written. Also, anyone can read this book because it is written through a child's eyes, but adults will be amazed by it too. This story is about a very sick three year old boy who died and went to Heaven. This book explains, with the power of prayer and God, he was able to come back to Earth and tell his story of what happened to him.
I could read this book ten more times. I loved it! I highly recommend this book to anyone of all ages.
Thanks, Elizabeth! Next up, Mr. John K.:
The best book I have read in the fifth grade was The Hunger Games. It was about a girl named Katniss Everdeen. Her sister, Prim, was chosen to be in the Hunger Games. Katniss is worried about Prim getting hurt, so she volunteers to be a tribute. The other tribute of District 12 is Peeta Mellark. Katniss and Peeta try to survive the games. If they do, they get a life long supply of food and protection.
I may have to give in and read that book over the summer. Thanks again, guys! And I want to state here that named a nameless paper a few days ago as being John's, but I realized--first when I realized I still had John's with me, and second when John himself came and told me that it wasn't his, that it was indeed Austin's paper. Let this serve as a life lesson, Austin from Boston. Don't sign your name, and you never know who's going to take credit for your work. (Kidding, the mistake was all mine.)

No comments: