Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Breaking the Tape

I wanted to thank all of you parents who came today for Track and Field Day. It was great to see the likes of Mrs. Vertesch, Mrs. Berridge, Mr. and Mrs. Brown, Mr. Vahle (of course), Mr. Tofaute, Mrs. Botta, Mrs. Alexander, Mr. and Mrs. Owens (the Reese ones), Mrs. Owens (the Winter one), Mrs. Cunningham, Mrs. Gans, Mrs. Hurdle, Mr. and Mrs. Keen, Mr. and Mrs. Sampson, Mrs. Niemiec, Mrs. Pitz, and Mr. and Mrs. Rodgers. I want to give a HUGE thank you to Mr. Rodgers, who manned the clipboard for the day. That's no easy task, and he handled it beautifully. It's always so nice when I have a parent to whom I can hand over the clipboard and just man the troops for awhile.

We didn't have any white or green ribbons today while we were handing them out (the kids were a bit antsy to get their ribbons), but I was able to acquire some after school was over, so we'll get the rest handed out tomorrow. I gave them the karate ceremonial treatment when it comes to handing out ribbons, including mispronouncing names like so often happens at karate tournaments (and all sporting events).

I will post some pictures on here soon. Once again, thank you for a great day.

No comments: