Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Briefly Surfacing to Gasp for Air

Here are a few more things I wanted to mention before I had to run off this afternoon:
  • I started reading a new book to the kids today called Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea. This could very well be the last book I am able to read to the students this school year. It is about a group of fifth grade students of all different personality types--told from their individual perspectives--who thus far seem pretty excited because they have a male teacher, especially a first year male teacher. It follows them throughout the entire school year. I already received one "He's pretty much you", and I expect to get some more. This book comes highly recommended by Mrs. Stemnock, who is reading it out loud to hear class as well.
  • The fifth grade end of year party will be on Wednesday, May 23rd, beginning at 1:00pm. Should be a lot of fun. Hopefully everyone has gotten their pictures to Mrs. Deam. If not, please let me know ASAP.
  • The Woodbrook Choir/Orff Show will be May 16th. The student performance begins at 1:00pm, but I'm not sure about the evening performance just yet. If your child is in that show, let me know if they don't receive something with the evening show's time and I will find it for you!
  • Woodbrook Literacy Night is on Thursday, May 17th, from 6:45-7:45pm. Plan to be there to hear some good storytelling, campfire songs, and to celebrate reading throughout the summer months.
  • The night of the Choir/Orff Show is also Pizza Night at Cool River Pizza at Hazel Dell and 146th St. Come on in and get some good pizza as well as sending some dough toward the Woodbrook PTO. Maybe you can stop in on your way home from the Choir and Orff show and grab some grub.
  • That's all for now. Hope you have had a terrific Tuesday and are going to be ready for a wonderful Wednesday.

No comments: