Monday, May 14, 2012

The Event Horizon Tells Me Otherwise

We had a visit from a few students at Clay Middle School this morning. Assistant Principal Mr. Smith, three former Woodbrook students (but, sadly, none from 5-1), and one woman who just stood silently the entire time, came to answer the kids' questions about daily life in middle school. The questions ranged from things about what to do if you can't get your locker open, to an overwhelming amount of questions regarding food intake (sadly, no snack time in middle school).

Remember: Tomorrow is Track and Field Day! Wear BLUE! I told the kids that blue jeans were probably a bad idea, but to come in our class color of blue. We discussed being good competitors as well as good sports.

Note to parents: If you are the type of parent who greatly pressures your child in athletic competitions, please don't be that way tomorrow. I talked to the kids today about being good sports and good competitors, that they weren't allowed to call people out for being unfair as they saw it, and that they were to handle themselves with good manners. I expect the same from my parents. I want my students to have a positive athletic experience tomorrow, not one filled with crying because of pressure from other students or adults.

As long as you go by those rules, you are all welcome to come tomorrow and help me provide the kiddos with a good day. I look forward to seeing you tomorrow!

No comments: