Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Kiarra

Happy Birthday to Kiarra!

I've been waiting all school year to type this post, because Kiarra has a near-adult sense of what is fair and honest. She also has a deep compassion for the Lifeskills kids that is almost unequalled.

Kiarra is, in my opinion, the best ref for silent ball. Why? Because she is fair to everyone. Almost all of the other students are a little too nervous about counting anyone out, but with Kiarra, she cares only about whether or not you have broken a rule or missed the ball. The amount of "re-do"s goes down sharply when she is in charge.

Also, as I said above, I love watching her work with the Lifeskills students. She makes sure they are doing what they have to do, and she doesn't talk to them like they're babies. She speaks to them in a grown-up manner that shows them how they ought to act. I remember laughing inside to myself when I would listen to her read to Liam in the hallway about the Colts or dirt-biking or anything else that Kiarra wasn't the most interested in. I'm sure she learned a thing or two from reading those books, and Liam has always loved it.

I haven't even mentioned how accomplished she is in swimming for the Carmel Swim Team. All those smarts, her giving and fair character, and athletic ability--Kiarra is the total package.

Happy Birthday, Kiarra! You definitely deserve a great one!

No comments: