Saturday, May 26, 2018

Reality Hits

Just taking a walk around my neighborhood last night, so many people were out on their front porches. My neighborhood feeds in to Noblesville West. People were just talking, wondering what to do. Shaking their heads. I stopped and talked to a few of them, and heard their first-hand stories of their kids running across the field, into nearby businesses, and into the woods. The chaos as they waited to pick up their loved ones. 

As soon as I got home yesterday afternoon, my neighbors came to see if I was okay because a couple of them thought that I may have worked there. As recently as yesterday morning, I had played out in my mind what I would do in a school shooting. This was before anything happened.

I guess maybe it was inevitable that this would one day happen right here in our backyard. It shouldn't have been, of course, but perhaps that's just what it was.

No comments: