Monday, January 8, 2018

Sam

Happy Birthday, Sam!

Sam is the first person I turn to every day. It didn't take long for him to go from just being the attendance-reader of the week to becoming my permanent attendance man. I'm not sure why, but I just like the way he does it. He knows right where to put the attendance sticks when it's done, and he knows how to make sure the Lifeskills kids get included in the count even if they're not all in the room yet. But that's just the practical reason I like Sam so much.

Sam has a great sense of humor. He's the kind of kid who can look you in the face, give a funny response in a total deadpan, and never crack up at himself. Do you know how rare that is in a kid? I can think of only two other examples from my seventeen years of teaching, and both of those are from when I taught Challenge (this was back before it was called "HA"--ha!).

No day would quite be right without Sam. He's a good friend to everyone, he never has an unkind word to say, and he cracks me up.

Sam, you're one of the good ones, buddy. I hope you had a great birthday. You deserve it!

No comments: