Monday, January 8, 2018

Evelyn

Happy Birthday to Miss Evelyn!

When I think of Evelyn, I think about how helpful she is--without question. I say that literally, because I can ask her to take care of any task--collecting papers, taking something to another classroom, or go down to the office to get something--and she may be the one person assigned to such jobs who won't ever come and ask me anything more. I know the job will get done.

She is a quiet leader in that way. Everyone likes her, and it's because she has such an easy-going personality. At least part of it is. I know that she also has a more advanced appreciation of music than most of her fifth grade classmates who consider--oh jeez, I don't even know what they think music is anymore. But I know that Evelyn likes Bon Jovi and Soundgarden, and those are both indicators of good taste.

Evelyn, I'm glad that you at least got to have the day off for your birthday, even if it was the last day before having to come back to school.

Happy Birthday, Evelyn! As one of my favorite people, you definitely deserve it.

No comments: