Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Hope

Happy Birthday to Hope!

What can I say about Hope? She is a concentrated laser beam of positive energy. When we have a vocabulary word, such as amiable or optimist, everyone thinks of Hope as the example of that word.

One of the best things about Hope is that, as a result of coming from a big family, she has spent so much of her life taking care of other people around her. Because of this, she is one of the few children I've taught who doesn't think they are the center of the universe. They know it's not all about them. If she is ever unhappy about something--homework, someone accidentally bumping into them, or if she can't find her pencil, she doesn't tell me and make it my problem to solve. She knows it's her problem to solve on her own. In fact, she wouldn't even call those things "problems" in the first place.

I can honestly say that the world can use more Hopes.

Happy Birthday, Hope! You definitely, definitely deserve a good one!

No comments: