Thursday, March 31, 2016

Sweet Spring Is Your Time

Today was one crazy, twisted up, and derailed day. This wasn't nearly as bad as it sounds, though. We began our day with a Caesar's English quiz instead of going to specials right away. Then, we went to the fourth grade specials time because they were having their Ruth Lilly presentations during their normal time. We came back to the room and alternated between Silent Ball and Four Corners, two games whose popularity evades me, but at least it gave me a little down time to make my Math quiz.

Next, we had some board game fun time, and then we went to an early lunch. Yes, we even switched lunch times with the fourth grade. Then we actually got to go outside for recess today, despite my fears that it would be indoor due to the rainy-looking weather.

And now, here I am at the end of the last day before Spring Break, enjoying the quietest, most peaceful Math class I've had yet this year as the kids work independently on their City of the Future. They are having a great time--I just got up and walked around to have a good look at what they're doing. We have some real architects in here, and some pretty interesting imaginations as well.

I think I may need to run around and take everybody's temperature, because this day has gone incredibly well, and it's the day before Spring Break. Usually, the day before a big break is like trying to keep the lid on a pressure cooker. I like to chalk it up to their training, but the truth is you just have some pretty great kids.

No comments: