Thursday, January 28, 2016

Luca di Beppo


Happy Birthday, Lucy! Yes, it's still your birthday, even though I hope you've been in bed for a little while now.

Lucy is one of the brightest, happiest students I've had in a long time. She is mature beyond her years, and she is loved by everyone. She is always the first to offer up an answer, and she likes it when she is corrected, because it means she is learning. She is one of the first to raise her hand when I need something handed out, during a Two-Minute Mystery, or if I need a person who was actually listening when I was asking a question.

I remember dropping in on Mrs. Callahan's class last year for some reason or another, and Mrs. Callahan told me that I wanted to have Lucy. I remember how happy I was when I realized that the "Lucille" in my class this year went by "Lucy", because I knew that meant I was one lucky teacher. That feeling has only grown since then.

I hope you had a great birthday, Lucy! And when you go to Buca di Beppo for your birthday, don't forget that you need to go to the bathroom at some point. You'll understand.

No comments: