Friday, January 15, 2016

But Where Did They All Go?

Wow, either the kids were really good about remembering to bring back the orange forms or I actually do have some regular readers of this blog! Either way, I'm happy.

The kids are playing silent ball right now for recess. I told them no more devices at recess because we had some students breaking the rules the other day, and while they don't like it, they seem to be enjoying themselves the way were were somehow able to back in the ancient days before ten-year-olds had their own phones that can search the internet.

We took a spelling test today, we had some time with our first grade buddies, we took a comprehension test, and I've been reading to the kids from a book called Roanoke: The Mystery of the Lost Colony. I gave them a short quiz at the end of it, and while it was incredibly easy, I think some of the kids wish they had paid attention just a little bit. Live and learn. It won't be the last time they have an opportunity like that.

Don't forget that February 5 is Colonial Days at Woodbrook for the fifth grade. I'm sure it's not too late to volunteer for that morning, in case you're interested! It really is a fun day.

Well, I'm sure there's more news where that came from, but this is all I can really think of right now.

Have a great weekend.

No comments: