Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Continuing Education


Today at school, we had a meeting for a new program we're starting next year. As a part of this meeting, we were split into three teams and had to create our own putt putt golf courses. My team was comprised of Mr. Hunter, Mrs. Larson, Mrs. Hewitt, Mrs. Shearman, Mr. Z, and myself. This is what we came up with for ours. The ball had to travel right through the front door of the dollhouse and out the back and into the hole.

I gleaned a lot of good ideas from this meeting, and I have to say I'm pretty excited about the new program. (We are still working on a name for this mysterious "program" I keep talking about.)

Basically, we are bringing "leadership education" back to Woodbrook. I welcome this with open arms, and I'm proud to have been in on this from the ground floor a couple months ago. I know for a fact that Clay is big on this as well, so it's good to know that we will now be preparing students from the first day of kindergarten for something that will hopefully continue through not only middle school, but through the rest of their educational experience.

No comments: