Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Cold Hard Science



Look here, Mr. Tony Smart!

Honestly, I have no idea whether or not you're still reading my blog, Mr. Smart (or whether you ever did, actually), but I hope you're taking notes here as the grand poo-bah of the Crossroads of America District of the Boy Scouts. Actually, I hope PJ is paying even closer attention here, and also James Sproull, Will W., and Erik, and whoever else is a part of Troop 202.

I found this fascinating. When I was in fourth (?) grade, I came in third place in my county's Pinewood Derby. That was as high as I ever soared in terms of Pinewood Derby racing. But I'm still proud of myself, and I'm sure I still have that trophy around somewhere. I know I have the car. It's in my guest room on a shelf.

And with Father's Day just around the corner, let me note here and now that Mr. Rusty Carter probably had a little something to do with that. I seem to remember something about him being there in the garage with me while we drilled holes in the bottom and inserted fishing sinkers into the undercarriage of car 114 (accurate; I just went back to my guest room and checked it).

Had I known about the bent axle thing at the time, I think I would have taken out those two jerks who took places one and two.

You people are lucky.

No comments: