Thursday, May 1, 2014

May Day

Today we didn't have our morning specials time, because the computer lab was in use. We took advantage of that time and made the most of it. We read in our green reading books about cooking giant vegetables; in Social Studies, we learned about the three branches of government and the system of checks and balances; in Science we continued to study our reptilian friends and saw some substantial growth in our grass levels.

In Math class, we are starting to learn about surface area. This shouldn't be too much trouble, but in the past it has been a real problem for many kids.

I'm trying to give the kids a bit more independence than I normally would. I'm trying hard to provide them with a small workload, and let the try out some time management skills. This is easier said than done, but it's a worthy pursuit nonetheless.

I hope your kids, even though we are in the final stretch, are still coming home each night with a thirst for knowledge, and that each day they are learning something new.

I'll post later on what I've learned from karate, but until then...

No comments: