Wednesday, May 7, 2014

I'll Tip My Hat To the New Constitution

Wow, the plague has infested 5-1! Today we ended up with a whopping SEVEN kids out of school because of some kind of gross sickness. (And one more gone to the--gasp--orthodontist!) Yes, it's 1793 around here, only I don't think this is yellow fever. I miss your kids, but if they are sick, then please keep them home! You don't want them coming back into the sick bay.

We did still get some play time for our reptilian friends (and some official scientific observations), we continued to talk about interjections and conjunctions, I taught the students how properly to use a semicolon, and we made a special thank you first aid kit for Nurse Extraordinaire, Nurse Barb. We are always thankful for what she does for our school.

Next we started a new chapter for Social Studies on the Bill of Rights, and I talked about the dubious reputation of the ACLU, and the turmoil they often face in their task of defending the freedoms of everyone out there--including those people whose opinions we don't care for.

Last but not least, Mr. and Mrs. Anderson popped in to our classroom this morning to film a special Wednesday morning round of Here I Go Again. I thought the kids did a great job of singing this morning--I was worried at first that they would be too nervous to sing on film, but they did it pretty darn well. Thanks, guys!

Hope everyone drinks mass quantities of liquids, eats tons of vitamin C, and stays in tomorrow if you're sick. Have a Wonderful Wednesday afternoon.

No comments: