Monday, August 26, 2013

Strange Days Indeed

The kids seem to be getting used to the daily schedule of the typical fifth grader. I have to admit that this is a big relief to me every year. The first several days of school are completely exhausting. In fact, I came home Friday evening and went to sleep at 8pm, I'm not ashamed to say. I'm ready to have my energy back.

One word of warning for this week: It will feel like we do nothing but test all week. This is just a beginning of the year thing. Not only that, but on Friday we will have a math test, a spelling test, and a theme test. We will be reviewing each of these tests (well, except maybe the spelling...) in class, and they will bring home study guides for each as well before then. After this, the tests should be much more staggered, but yes, Friday will be especially test-heavy due to scheduling constraints.

Final note: There is a call-out for the Girl Scouts on Wednesday August  28, 2013, from 6:30 to 8:00 pm. If you want to join but can't come, please email Mrs. Mathew at skjmathew@netzero.net. 

This week's spelling list: 
  • bicycle
  • curtain
  • distance
  • fashion
  • measles
  • message
  • pasture
  • saucer
  • tissue
  • vegetable
  • wrestle
  • genius

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do not believe wrestle was a word on the list.