Monday, August 26, 2013

Family Album

You know, there is one thing I forgot to mention a week ago at Meet the Teacher Night. It hit me as I drove home tonight after hearing some horrible news.

A month ago, almost to the day, when Tonja Weindorf died in the horrific bus accident, it was amazing how everyone came together. At the visitation, there were so many people from my class there to comfort Marta in her time of need.

This is what I meant when I talked about my class being a family. Even if they weren't one at the start of the school year, by the end, they had become one.

Sadly, I say this about four hours after hearing about the tragic death of Doug Gripp. Doug was a 5-1 father. I taught his daughter, Sophia, a few years ago in a class that was a family like few others. His wife, Judy, was a consummate room mom who was always involved in the PTO and volunteered in the library.

My heart, and I'm sure the hearts of many others, goes out to Judy, Sophia, and Isabel with the loss of their husband/father during this time. It's hard to understand. As I've said too many times in the past year, words fail.

That's it.

Words fail.

No comments: