Thursday, August 30, 2012

These Testing Grounds

Let me apologize for the fact that we do have three tests tomorrow. Yes, three. But before you come chasing me through the village with torches and hay forks, let me clarify. One of them is a Theme Test for Reading (can't study for those), one of them is a spelling test (okay, but I only give twelve words), and then the other one is in Math. I did give the kids a pretty exhaustive study guide today, so hopefully they won't have much of a problem.

One thing you should know about my Math tests, though, is that I always give the kids what I call a "Whoops Sheet" after they get their tests back. If they get a few wrong on the test, they always have the opportunity to fix their mistakes and earn back half credit for anything they got wrong. This way the kids can still show mastery of an idea even after we've moved on.

Also, the homeroom's reading bookmarks are due tomorrow! I forgot to have them write this in their assignment notebooks, but I do want those back tomorrow. I will give them a new one tomorrow for the next week.

The kids have been doing a great job of helping lead all of Woodbrook in saying the Pledge of Allegiance in the morning over the loud speaker. So far we've had pledge leaders Paige, Harry, Mark, Will, Cody, Matthew, Isabella, Nick, and Luke. Tomorrow we will have the honor of being led by Kavya.

Have a great evening.

No comments: