Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Putting Old Heads on Young Shoulders

Welcome to the 2012-2013 school year! I hope your children came home today charged up and ready to get this school year underway.

The kids do have two (count' em two) assignments for tomorrow. So if you're wondering what kind of evil teacher assigns homework on the first day, the answer is me. These aren't too rough of assignments, though.
  1. I asked the kids to come up with three goals for this school year. I told them that they needed to discuss these goals with their parents and to come up with their list together. When they come in tomorrow, I will have them transfer these goals onto goal sheets which will look great all together on a bulletin board in the classroom.
  2. The second thing I want the kids to bring in is a Bio Bag. This is just a grocery bag (paper or plastic, I don't care) with three objects in it. The objects must be able to fit in the bag, and the students will be able to share them tomorrow in class.

Assignment notebooks (which your child will need!) are available in the office for $5 each. If you need one, just send the money to school with your child. They're available right now!

Great first day. Tomorrow, we start getting all academic. It's going to be a fantastic school year.

1 comment:

Luke Belcher said...

Ahh the good old days.