Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Starting Point Is Everything

Day two has come and gone and it feels like we're hitting the ground running. The kids shared their Bio Bags today (well, three kids forgot theirs, so we will do those tomorrow) and I had fun learning about these kids. We have lacrosse players, jewelry makers, guitarists, swimmers, magicians, dancers, Scouts, softball players and tennis players, people from big families and small families.

One of the things I told these kids yesterday is that my classroom runs as a family. I'll talk more about that on Meet the Teacher Night, but I can see these guys coming together quite easily.

Homework for tonight is their completed goal sheet. I sent them all home. I told them to color them, write their three goals neatly within the goalposts, and to write their name on the crossbar of the goalposts.

Hope everyone has a fantastic Thursday.

No comments: