Wednesday, March 7, 2012

On Being Good Neighbors

Dr. Julie Saam, mother of 5-1's Maria Saam, left this comment here at the Dojo today that I want to share with everyone here on the main board. I just thought it was too important not to post:
I just need to say thank you for the generosity of the Central Indiana communities and Carmel Clay schools. I grew up in Southern Indiana and many people in this region think the state stops at Columbus. I am touched that this community has embraced the southern counties and are working to help them rebuild. I played many basketball and volleyball games in that Henryville Gym and am truly saddened by their loss. Thank God no students, teachers, or staff including bus drivers were injured. I hope for peace in their hearts.
Thank you so much for sharing that with us. The news takes on a whole new meaning when we have a personal connection to it, doesn't it? I had a similar connection to an ugly tornado in April of last year, so it's good to know that fellow Hoosier neighbors tend to have our backs when we're in these bad situations in life.

No comments: