Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Jersey Delay

I stand corrected! Tomorrow is not jersey day. It was. Up until sometime this afternoon, evidently. But at the end of the day, as I was packing the kids up to go home, I was told that jersey day has been moved to Friday, where it will coincide with hat day. Having one jersey day and one hat day was deemed "too confusing" and changed to all be on one day. (I think whoever did the deeming seriously underestimates the intelligence level of our students, but as I tell the kids to say whenever something silly happens, "Whatever. It's all good.") It's not like your children will be forced to wear another shirt if they show up in a jersey tomorrow.

Anyway, the "hat day" on Friday (which is also jersey day for those who are easily confused) is set to coincide with another fundraiser in Indiana to help our fellow Hoosiers in Henryville. Henryville is one of the towns ravaged by the tornadoes last Friday, and to help raise money for them to rebuild their schools and finish out the school year, we're going ask that the kids pay a dollar if they want to wear a hat that day. Additional check donations can be made out to Woodbrook Elementary, please write "tornado relief" in the memo.

1 comment:

Julie Saam said...

I just need to say thank you for the generosity of the Central Indiana communities and Carmel Clay schools. I grew up in Southern Indiana and many people in this region think the state stops at Columbus. I am touched that this community has embraced the southern counties and are working to help them rebuild. I played many basketball and volleyball games in that Henryville Gym and am truly saddened by their loss. Thank God no students, teachers, or staff including bus drivers were injured. I hope for peace in their hearts.