Monday, March 19, 2012

Just a Song in the Trouble and the Strife

So sorry for the lack of post both Thursday and Friday last week. No real excuse for Thursday, and Friday I was at the Orton Gillingham Conference downtown all day. Orton Gillingham is an educational program set up to teach people with dyslexia. I learned a lot of very neat exercises and things to help the kids in any classroom. Many of the things I learned that day are things that I wish I had known before we started in on this essay project, but live and learn.

Speaking of which, the students have their first edit--their parent edit--due on Wednesday. This is raw, uncut material from the kids' sloppy copies. Just go through for grammatical errors, do the paragraphs make sense, etc. Then I will edit them before Friday, and then their final edited version is due typed up by next Thursday, the day before spring break. I told them that if they are going on spring break early, it is still due on their last day.

Math class: The quizzes from the other day did not go so well. They weren't deplorable, but the kids could have done better for sure. We're going to try again tomorrow. We reviewed heavily today in class, so hopefully we will be in good shape for that one. If not, we're still ahead! There is time to make this happen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hii Mr. Carter it's DIVO

Jeff said...

Hey man.