Thursday, March 1, 2012

In Like a Lamb

The Woodbrook Math Bowl team is competing against many many other elementary schools from across Indiana this evening! Members of my Math class in the competition are Christian Chacko, Matthew Fu, and Yosuke Yanagida. Good luck, guys! I know for a fact that the Math Bowl did really well last year, but no matter how you guys do, you're amazing mathematicians.

Jammie Day was fun today--I told the class that I wish we could do this every day.

Today we did a shared writing piece under the overhead. We discussed introductory sentences, detail sentences, and the obligatory concluding sentence. Because it was a shared reading, I took input from the kids about something I know nothing about--the XBox. I learned a lot. There were a lot of things the kids said where I thought, I know all of those words, but that doesn't make any sense. Still, it was a lot of fun writing it, and I think everyone learned how to write an introduction pretty well. I was impressed with them today yet again. Great week all around.

No comments: