Sunday, October 16, 2011

Watching Over Us

It was good to see so many familiar faces out at Woodbrook on Friday night. It was a really nice ceremony, it was a nice chilly sweater-wearing evening where everyone bundled together to pay tribute to Mr. Akin and Mrs. Apolzon. Personally, I want to thank our own Patti Hurdle who read the poem at the end of this post to honor Mrs. Apolzon. I can't think of anything more fitting for her caring spirit. I don't have a copy of the poem that Lee Ann Wischmeyer read for Mr. A, but when I do, I will make sure to post it here. It was quite fitting for the paternal way he acted as principal of Woodbrook.

It was great to come back from having a sub on Friday afternoon to find a positive note! Wow, that tells me a few things. I understand that it all went very well, though, so that is just awesome.

I hope everyone has a great shortened week in 5-1, and has an awesome fall break, and comes back ready to go to camp! Here's that poem:

You Never Know

You never know when someone
May catch a dream from you.
You never know when a little word
Or something you may do
May open up the windows
Of a mind that seeks the light ---
The way you teach may not matter at all,
But you never know - it might.

And just in case it could be
That another's life, through you
Might possibly change for the better
With a broader and brighter view,
It seems it might be worth a try
At pointing the way to the right -
Of course, it may not matter at all,
But then again - it might.

Helen L. Marshall

No comments: