Monday, October 31, 2011

But Tough People Do

First off, I have some sad news for those former members of my class who have ever experienced Colonial Days at Woodbrook. George Wiseman, the "square dance caller", passed away on Friday. He was a good man who was always a lot of fun and somehow got a room full of about a hundred-plus kids and adults to do things like "rip and snort", "Sidney balance", and "alamand left". Most of all, he showed all of us, bogged down by our technology and life heaped on top of us, what it mean to have a great time and bust a gut laughing all the while. He will be truly missed.

Now for some happier news: Mrs. Davis sent me an e-mail to let me know how proud she was of my class as she walked through the gym this morning. That's the kind of news I wanted to hear when Mrs. Davis told me she needed to talk to me.

Lastly, I want to apologize that I felt like I had to send home the note and post here that if your kids needed to be sent home from camp, I wouldn't hesitate to do so. As I should have known, the kids were no problem, and it was gratifying to see. Thank you for all that you do on your end that we never see.

I hope everyone has a happy and very safe Halloween! And let's hope they all have a crash from the sugar buzz by the time they come in tomorrow.

1 comment:

sophia Gripp said...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwww I really liked that square dance person)::::::::::::::