Sunday, October 2, 2011

Connect the Dots

First off, I want to thank Mrs. Jane Thompson for once again coming in to help us out on Friday. I will have plenty more opportunities for parents to come in and help--especially in the morning. That's when we have our Literacy block, and where we can use more one-on-one help with the kids, so if you're wanting to come in and help out, that would be perfect. Just shoot me an e-mail at jcarter1@ccs.k12.in.us and let me know what day would work for you.

Over the past couple of months, I've had a few kids outside of the classroom--while teaching karate class or tutoring--who have said the words, "I just made a connection." This is definitely a byproduct of our current reading program, and I have to admit that it's kind of cool to hear. This is one of the good things about this reading program; it gives students a richer vocabulary of understanding, and a deeper thought process than what you and I grew up with when it comes to the ideas behind reading comprehension. It's a good thing to see.

If you still haven't received your Woodbrook Wear, please let me know and I'll look into it.

Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments: