Monday, October 17, 2011

Turn and Face the Change

This evening I graded the chapter 4 theme tests from our reading program. I am really happy to report that the average grades went way up over all. I apologize that I still have yet to grade the writing assessment from last week as well as the Spelling test, but please understand that grading those theme tests can be quite a pain because I have to record the findings on the different kinds of problems all separately, and there is no pain-free way to do so. But I do have to tell you that it's a lot easier when there aren't as many wrong answers. Your kids are coming right along!

Folks, there are some big changes that are about to take place in just a few weeks. Amongst the eventual changes is going to be the fact that I want all of the kids to have a three inch binder with an accordion folder in it by the beginning of the next semester. I realize this isn't until January, but I thought I'd give you the heads-up right now just so that you have time to get it. My goal (and I talked with Mr. Hunter about this) is to get the kids more used to the way things will work in the middle school before they go over there. I want to get the kids accustomed to the organization that will be required of them from the beginning of the school year, and I'm going to try my hardest to make that one of my second-semester goals. I realize this is still pretty far away, but I want to go on record as having told you now--still two and a half months away.

Have a great week!

No comments: