Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Cordial Invitation

The kids have known this for awhile now, but I just found out today that there is a Social Studies test tomorrow. Miss Mellinger went over the study guide very thoroughly today with the kids, so they should all have it filled out tonight. I told them also to have their Social Studies book with them to study tonight.

You may think it seems a little silly to have report cards coming home on Friday when you already know the kids' grades. One thing that I like about having the report cards go home, however, is the comments. I am very careful to write out comments for each child specific to their performance in class, their work habits, and their conduct. The conduct and work habits grades are either "satisfactory" or "non-satisfactory". This is not enough information, so I'm looking to supply you with more information than that.

Finally, I'm sure you've seen the banner out front and received the flyer that went home, but just in case you've missed both of them (and let's face it, if that's true, you probably aren't a regular reader of this blog either...), the 4th Annual PTO Night Out is on Saturday, November 5, at Moon Dog Tavern at 96th and Gray Road. It starts at 6:30. If you're lacking information, please let me know and I'll send another paper home with your child.

2 comments:

brooke ackerman said...

hey mr c i remeber camp tecumsea i wish i could go back. :)

Jeff said...

I wish too, Brooke! It's a great time!