Tuesday, September 1, 2009

When September Comes

The math tests are graded AND HANDED BACK already! I think that may be a world record. Okay, maybe not a world record, but a Mr. Carter record for sure.

Today we finished reading The Homework Machine. I liked it all except for one part of the ending, but all in all, it was a pretty good book. I haven't decided which book to start on tomorrow, but I have it narrowed down.

The new day for the speeches for Social Studies is on Friday. I told the kids today that it is Friday no matter what. I will give them time to work on it in class if they can do it quietly, but if not, then they'll have to practice at home for the speech. Hopefully they'll get to practice in school.

The two remaining quizzes for Friday are Caesar's English and Spelling. They received their Caesar's English yesterday. I showed them exactly what the quiz on that one will look like, so hopefully they either took notes or have extremely sharp memories.

As for the States and Capitals quiz, that will be next Wednesday (September 9).

These changes are made for two reasons: one, because I tend to try to cram more than what is humanly possible into any given day (hey, better than not having enough to do...), and we're trying to get caught up. Two: To help preserve your sanity at home.

Oh, and we did go to the computer lab today and took that test for Rigby Reads. Whew! We'll have a couple of kids finish up tomorrow as well as a couple kids who were absent today.

No comments: