Thursday, September 17, 2009

Talk Like a Test-Takin', Commercial-Performin', DOL-Gradin' "Pi"rate Day

A few quick reminders:
  • Tomorrow is Talk (and dress...) Like a Pirate Day! This commemorates the end (can you believe it?) of the first six weeks!
  • Tomorrow is also the book report/commercial presentation day. I realize that this may mean changing out of one costume and into another, but I'm not particular.
  • Also, tomorrow we have a Spelling test!
  • And a test for States and Capitals (the Northeast).

Remember to be turning in your money and permission slips/medical forms for Camp Tecumseh. I can't wait!

In Math today, we discussed estimation and had a profound talk about the origins of the number pi. I was thrilled that I got to teach them something they never realized before--that pi is equal to 22/7. It's kind of sad that I get thrilled over that, isn't it?

No comments: