Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Ancient History

I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend. I know I did. The best thing about it is that we now only have a four day week. Well, only three left now--wooohoo!

Remember first off, the CAMP MEETING IS TONIGHT at 7:00pm in the Woodbrook Cafeteria.

Luckily for the kids, we didn't get to nearly everything I wanted to accomplish today. We did start in on Science with our Astronomy unit today, mostly reading over some notes that I typed up for the kids long ago. These were about the ancient astronomers, and the things they used to believe about the celestial bodies (a term we discussed today as well, along with "the heavens" and "heavenly bodies"). These kids showed me what they knew about astronomy already, but also the things they still have to learn. I'm happy that we'll be learning about things like Orion and the moon phases before we go up to camp, because I find that it makes the night sky much more interesting when they've learned about it--especially as clear as it is up there without all the light pollution.

The States and Capitals test for the South is tomorrow! Hopefully your kids have been studying hard.

No comments: