Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Pen Pals

My profoundest apologies for not having this up sooner. Luckily we don't have any more homework tonight than we already had from yesterday--partially because of the testing tomorrow. That brings me to my reason for posting late; I've been up to my ears in bubbling their names and ID numbers onto their test forms.

Congratulations to Jay Vahle, who won runner-up for the State Teacher of the Year! We all got to go down to his classroom during the presentation this morning, and it was really cool to see him receive the award.

Ask your kids today about the strange relationship between John Winthrop and Roger Williams. I don't care if they remember which is which right now, but the point is that the origin of the state of Rhode Island may not be what you think.

Until tomorrow!

No comments: