Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Spirals

I'm anxious to tell you all about what we've been doing in class lately, but I hope your kids are coming home and talking about it too.

I have to admit, the things we have been learning about in language arts may seem a little dry--namely comma usage and adverbs this week--but it is no less important to help the students to become educationally literate.

As for Science and Social Studies...well, the kids have been studying for their Science test all week (right?), and for Social Studies, we have been making their Lakota Winter Counts just like the Lakota tribe used to way back in the day. Wow, I just realized that for all I know, there could be Lakota who still do this. I should research. In the meantime, ask your child what exactly this is, and have them try to explain it to you.

More soon! Hope you're all having a great week.

No comments: