Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Connor

Happy Birthday to Connor!

Connor is one of those kids that I've been waiting for a long time to have in my class, ever since I had his older brother a few years back. That said, Connor is his own man. He's a football player and a runner. He's a sharp kid and he's well-liked by everyone in the class.

For the last several years, Connor has treated all of Woodbrook to an epic drum performance at the talent show. Last year, when he picked "Left Hand Free" by alt-J, a song I had played all year long on a classroom CD, I knew this kid was one I wanted in my class. It's not one of those songs that just anybody knows. Luckily I got lucky! I got the music snob.

Connor is also an anchorman for our morning announcements at Woodbrook. With his killer smile and perfectly-gelled hair, he just may have a future in the broadcast world. Plus, he speaks clearly, which sounds pretty basic, it is a skill that is pretty rare at this age.

He has a great heart, and is always willing to help when it is needed. He is a natural leader. This footballer, drummer, and spokesman is one who I am proud to call mine as a member of the Area 51 family.

I hope you had a fantastic birthday, kiddo. You deserve it!

No comments: