Thursday, April 23, 2015

Welcome to the Jungle

Wow, was today ever a classic patchwork of awesome. I thought it was a really good day, and I had several kids who agreed. I'll give you the rundown in bullet points.
  • We went down as a Math class to watch the third grade musical. It was the one where everyone is dressed up as flowers and bugs and stuff. It's another Woodbrook classic. This time, we got to sit in the chairs in the back of the gym. You'd think that would have been a good change, but actually, a lateral move at best.
  • After that, we came back and had a little bit of Math. Just enough time to answer last minute questions on the study guide. 
  • Talk about burying the lead, we got our earthworms, crickets, and chameleons today! I have pictures, but as always, I will have to post those later on. We did our terrariums and put some greens in there for them from Mrs. Jackson's Woodbrook victory garden. (Thanks to Big G for going out with me to grab some overgrown mint out there on this unusually frosty morning.)
  • ISTEP practice is all caught up! A huge thank you to my whole class who went en masse to the computer lab so that I could make it up with a couple of people, and to Mrs. Wischmeyer who got us out of a nearly impossible situation involving stage crew and ISTEP make-ups, which were already being made up because of stage crew practice in the first place. You're a miracle worker, Mrs. Wischmeyer! 
  • Do not forget to wear WHITE tomorrow! 5-1 is celebrating Earth Day two days late. It's all good!
  • And last but not least, the Color Run has been rescheduled to Saturday, May 2, at 11am, right here at Woodbrook.The good news is that now I can come!

No comments: