Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Super-Spiral Going Down




One thing we did today was receive some visitors from Marion University. Both were nursing students and they brought along pillowcases and supplies for disasters. The Red Cross created this program in reaction to Hurricane Katrina. These are go kits for any time, God forbid, you and your family should have to leave your house in a hurry.

Miss Sarah Calderon (who is also a black belt and works the front desk and teaches at Mr. Carter's other dojo--Adamson's Karate) and her friend Ms. Baker came in and gave a very nice presentation about staying safe and keeping calm in the face of a disaster.

In addition, recess today was gorgeous.

Lastly, I sat down (or stood, honestly can't remember) and made a list for the rest of the school year. This grim checklist is what we have to finish before the end of the school year. That leaves us...not enough weeks. We are going to do everything humanly possible to get everything checked off, though. While I know that this happens every year, and we don't get everything crammed in, it still seems really hard. The thing is, I can't remember anything we didn't do last year (or the year before or the year before...), but I can't let that stop me from trying.

I am excited about the things we have left, for the most part. I say "for the most part" because the list includes stuff like ISTEP, which can be tedious at best. But there are enough cool things that I think we're going to stick the landing pretty well.

No comments: