Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Station To Station

Well, we have been practicing our ISTEP testing over the last couple of days. It's a bit different this year, so we've been seeing how the new test works. It's actually been kind of nice actually being able to go over a practice test with the kids.

I've had kids who are a little extra hyped today (a lot of indoor recess at school and I'm sure indoor stuff at home) and some kids who are dead tired. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that tomorrow we will have a two hour delay and let everyone even out a little bit.

We did some stations for Math today, and I think the kids have a better hang on everything than they had last Friday. I found out that most of those tests (which were done in homerooms since we didn't have Math class on Friday) were done in a rush or under duress anyway, so I feel much better about giving them this test on Friday. I am pretty comfortable that everyone will do well.

There was a whole mess of papers next to the mailboxes at the end of the day today, which means the new postmaster didn't get around to her/his job today. I will make sure it gets done tomorrow, as there are a number of papers to go home.

Hope everyone is staying warm tonight!

No comments: