Monday, February 2, 2015

At Peace

On Friday afternoon, we here at Woodbrook found out about the death of Mrs. Fadel earlier that day. I wasn't sure how people would find out, but I didn't want everyone finding out by reading my blog.

Everyone knew she had been sick for a long time, and the last span of that time was in hospice, so to say she is more comfortable and happy than she was before would be a vast understatement.

What I will always remember most about Mrs. Fadel is the way she could bring your blood pressure down just being around her. She was always so calm and collected, many times in the face of bad circumstances. It seemed like most of my students would come from her class--we mysteriously tend to end up with much the same population. She would often give me advice on how to handle particular students (or, more often than not, particular parents).

While we are of course sad that we have lost her here on Earth, it's good to know that she is now reunited with Mr. Akin, Mrs. Apolzon, Mrs. Boros, and I'm sure she got a big welcoming hug from her former student Tyler, who was going through cancer the same time she was first diagnosed.

Here's to one of the best.

2 comments:

tiffany said...

Such a nice tribute! My older son had both Mrs. Fadel and Mrs. Apolzon. It's very sad to hear about her passing, but I know she suffered for a long time and is now at peace. Our thoughts are with her family and her Woodbrook family!

Jeff said...

Thanks so much. And our thoughts are with all of her former students and the people she touched over the years.