Friday, October 31, 2014

All Hallow's

Well, I don't know how things went at your house/s, but I got about a quarter of the trick-or-treaters that I've had in the past. I'm left with a whole bunch of candy that I'm not even allowed to share with your kids. Warning to anyone that I tutor: your kid is getting some candy.

I was really happy with how my kids did today. We had some lunchtime drama today, but I'm so happy that my homeroom was no part of it.

We also watched the first part of that Nova episode today, and the kids seemed to be directly interested in it. They learned about Werner von Braun and John Hoboult, who died within the past year.

We did not receive a visit from our First Grade Buddies today, and we have yet to find out why, but that's okay. We all know that our little chums are eagerly awaiting our visit next week.

Speaking of "eagerly awaiting", we are waiting until Monday to reveal our Student Council members. It seems Mrs. Shearman was waiting until Mr. Vahle's class voted (he wasn't here yesterday) before telling who the new members are. Special notice for people who actually read this blog: All four kiddos who ran will be very happy to hear these results.

No comments: