Thursday, October 16, 2014

Dynamite Comes In Small Packages

This is for all you who are still following this blog from last year (I know you're out there!). Close to my heart, Miss Emma is representing the United States right now in an international karate competition taking place in Poland. She was asked onto U.S.A. team after her performance this summer at the AAU Nationals. Her mom posted this to Facebook, and I have to share it here, because it makes me really proud.

You see, I first met Emma at the karate dojo years ago. She was a Kindergartener. It was so cool last year when I got to have her as my fifth grader at Woodbrook. These are always some of my favorite kids. I definitely know them better than I know so many others, just because of the sheer amount of hours we spend in training in addition to school. It has been a lot of fun to coach her and to teach her over the years. 

Go get 'em, Emma! You have the drive and the desire (and, as we all know, the determination) to clobber all of those other guys from all over the world. I am so proud of you.

Anyone who thinks girls can't fight has never seen Miss Emma in the ring.

No comments: