Friday, October 10, 2014

Generation Next







This is my class with their First Grade Math Buddies. They are Mrs. Haberfield's Math class. This is always a highlight of my students' week. Watching the pair-ups interact, watching my students become the teachers, and watching the first graders idolize my fifth graders are all wonderful things to see.

What I really like about this is the fact that my fifth graders were amongst the first class who were my First Grade Buddies several years ago. The fifth graders have talked about who their Fifth Grade Buddies were at the time. It's part of what has made this year pretty neat for me as their teacher.

As I was taking pictures, Mrs. Haberfield told me, "You really need to get one of these three right here. I think this group is my favorite." (The bottom picture.) I hadn't looked at them, but I have to admit I see my six-year-old niece as one of those little girls, and I have to agree with her.

2 comments:

Katelyn said...

Hi Mr.Carter! How's your class this year?

Jeff said...

Katelyn! My class is great. It helps that I have kids who I had last year in math again this year. How is your school going?