Thursday, August 14, 2014

This Vict'ry Song

The second day has come and gone. This morning we did our rotations with Mrs. Davis, Mr. Hunter, and Mrs. Wischmeyer--as well as the fifth grade teachers--for learning about how to behave on the bus, in the halls, cafeteria, and playground. This wasn't anything new to these kids. Being fifth graders, they have heard this countless times before. Still, a few reminders never hurt anything.

We also wrote in our journals after decorating the covers. I really enjoyed watching the students get up and present their Bio Bags this morning as well. We have a multitude of soccer players in this class.

We started up our Math classes today. I am personally teaching sixth grade math in my class, and I had some fun getting to know that class today as well as filling out our Mathcabulary notebooks, doing mental math, and then finding the landmarks of certain data sets. So far we've done mean, median, mode, and range

Finally, when my homeroom returned, we did a practice run on our song, "Already Gone" by The Eagles. It's a 5-1 tradition, and now that they know how the song goes, I'm ready to hear them start belting it out.

No comments: