Saturday, August 2, 2014

The Next Crop

Right now, I'm not letting go of last year's class. I never really do.

But I'm starting to get excited for next year's class. I'm ready to read all the Two-Minute Mysteries again. I'm ready to read The Genius Files and Qwerty Stevens again. I'm ready to teach the kids about Roanoke and the colonies and matter and astronomy and all the other stuff I love to teach.

I'm excited that I get the chance to teach sixth grade math again.

My new class is full of kids that I've taught before, whose siblings I've had before, and a few (at least THREE) who I held when they were newborn babies.

Class of '13-'14, I expect lots of updates from you. I expected the same from last year's class this time last year. As I've always said, "Once a member of Mr. Carter's class, always a member of Mr. Carter's class." You know, as a member of the 5-1 class, we were all a part of something pretty special. I want you to spread that out in the middle school.

Now it's time to get the new crop ready.

2 comments:

Madi Texas Ranger said...

Hi Mr.Carter it's Madi.

Jeff said...

Hello, Madi! Hope you have a great start to sixth grade!